As you know, I always do my research as early as I can to bring you trends for the upcoming year, but flavor reports and dessert trends alway come out at the beginning of the year, so here is how Bella’s Desserts fit into the 2016 dessert trends:
- Mini Desserts: These have been trending for a few years, but this year it is at the top of the list! Bella’s Desserts has 31 mini’s to choose from, and a huge variety! Everything is freshly made, nothing frozen, ever!
- Healthy Desserts: What? That’s an oxymoron! Not at Bella’s Desserts, we offer dairy free, gluten free, and vegan cakes and cupcakes. The only thing we don’t offer is sugar free, because that would involve artificial sweeteners, and we don’t play that game, pure food, period.
- Local Sourcing: We source all of our fruits locally when possible. We also try to purchase dairy items from local farms as well.
- Cake flavors are getting creative: With our palettes becoming more sophisticated, people want something more that just chocolate or vanilla. Bella’s Desserts offer a wide variety of cake, filling and frosting flavors! From Date/Cinnamon Buttercream, Matcha, Salted Caramel, Pistachio, cakes and frostings and fillings, crispy, crunchy, nutty and delicious dacquois, We are the only bakery in the area that offers such diverse flavors, not to mention, we gladly take special requests!
- Chocolaty Complexity: Ah chocolate, the sinful flavor! How about adding salted caramel to your ganache? Cinnamon for that Latin flavor, layers and layers of chocolate that all complement each other beautifully, oh my goodness, sigh.
- Ethnic Desserts: With our French Dacquois, cannoli fillings, Italian cream cake, passion fruit and mango curds, you can get a taste from a different place right here in Chester County.