Well, it’s November and here in Pennsylvania the leaves are falling, which means it’s time to say goodbye to the 2015 wedding season and start thinking about the 2016 spring/fall season! With that comes new trends and ideas! Yay, I love this part!
- A return to the 50’s! Think white wedding cakes with a modern twist. From simple white cakes with fresh white flowers, to more geometric patterns and textures, white on white, with a big colored sugar flower, elegance is at an all time high!
- Florals are back! Big bright floral arrangements and climbing floral vines, no shrinking violets need apply in 2016!
- Cakes that are out of the box (this is my favorite new trend!). Think watercolor paintings, vivid colored brush strokes, it’s all about hand painted cakes!
- Naked cakes are coming out full force! This quiet trend is hitting it’s stride in the rustic wedding arena, and we can see why! Simple looking but the beauty is in the details!
- Ombre subtle or not is in!
- Buttercream cakes, textured or smooth are in style in 2016!
- Metallics are all the rage! From painted on gold, to real gold and silver leaf, this is going to be a bright year!
- Sugar flower studded cakes are back, and more affordable than ever:
- Wedding cake trio and quintet dessert tables are an exciting addition this year!
- Delicate lace appliques, monograms, ruffled, geometric, illustrated and rosette wedding cakes are in in 2016!
- Skip the huge cake and opt for a delicious dessert table instead! Bella’s Desserts offers a large selection of mini desserts perfect for your dessert table. Order a small cake to cut, and you’re on your way!
All in all? A very exciting year ahead full of new ideas, and old ones, but couples are no longer stuck in the white wedding cake box!
All photos of cakes and desserts shown, by Bella’s Desserts.